Maximize Your Tennessee Football Experience!
It’s well known that Knoxville is a HUGE college football town! We live, eat, and breathe UT football in the fall; orange runs through our blood. If you plan on attending a game at Neyland Stadium this season, be sure to brush up on the latest fan policies and tailgating tips below.
- If preparation and planning aren’t your things, consider hiring a company such as Tailgate Tennessee to take the guesswork out of tailgating so you don’t need to deal with the details! Just show up and have fun. Pretty easy right?
- Wear orange! Obviously…..
- Dial in your game day food plan. Pinterest has some excellent tailgating recipes that will please the entire crowd. Get inspired and create a tasty game day menu from pulled pork to smoked ribs.
- Bring the right equipment. A pop-up tent, generators, extension cords, chairs, grill, smoker, coolers, sunscreen… Make a list beforehand so you don’t forget anything. Once you’re there, it’s hard to leave, especially if it’s close to game time.
- PARKING IS AN ISSUE! Get to the stadium, find your spot, and set up early. Spaces fill up fast. If you plan on hosting a tailgate, then we recommend getting to campus at least 4 hours before kickoff.
- Dress for the weather. You’re going to be there for a while, so check the forecast for later in the day, so you’re not freezing your butt off in the 4th quarter…
- Tailgating often means drinking alcohol. Exercise common sense if you’re drinking…stay hydrated, get some food in your stomach, and ALWAYS select a designated driver BEFORE the festivities begin. There are also PLENTY of Uber drivers available after the game.
Note the new bag policy at Neyland Stadium:
Fans are allowed to bring only one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon, transparent, resealable plastic storage bag per person inside Neyland Stadium. Fans will also be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. No other bags will be permitted inside Neyland Stadium. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search at the gates. No items can be left or stored at the gates. We heard that HoundDogs of Knoxville has them!
Click here to get a full breakdown of Neyland Stadium rules…