5 Reasons to Buy a Home With a Basement
If you’re thinking about buying a home with a basement in the Knoxville area, you’re in luck! Homes with basements are very common in this area and area available in all price ranges. That said, the question you need to ask yourself before considering a home with a basement is whether or not you need one. While basement square footage is less expensive than “above grade” square footage, it is still an added cost. Make sure you have a reason for purchasing the basement space before you make an offer on home that has a basement. Below are 5 benefits to having a basement to help you decide if you actually need or want one!
1. Storage: Basements (both finished and unfinished) make great storage areas. It allows you to keep the garage (and your home) less cluttered.
2. Privacy: Basement rec rooms, playrooms or media rooms make great places for kids to play away from the adults, relax and watch a movie without distractions or shoot a game of pool.
3. Separate Living Quarters: If the basement includes a bedroom, bathroom and possibly a kitchenette, it can make a great separate living space for a friend or family member. Some people even rent out their basements if it has its own exterior door.
4. Accessibility of Major Systems: Typically, basement homes give you easier access to to pipes, wires and ducts than homes on slabs or crawl spaces. Basements are an ideal location for water heaters, water pressure tanks, water softeners and furnaces as well. Having basement access to all of these items makes repairs/remodeling cheaper and easier.
5. Hobbies: A basement provides many people with the needed space to partake in things they love to do such as woodworking, brewing beer, yoga or holding the monthly card game.
There are definitely more benefits to owning a home with a basement. The question is whether or not they are a priority to you! Should you decide that now is the time to buy a basement home or would like more information on whether or not a home with a basement is a good investment, don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to help you.
[wnt_grid keyid=”1″ title=”Homes for Sale With Basements” maptype=”disabled” ownertype=”all” paginated=”true” sortoptions=”true” maxresults=”10″ search_mode=”form” primarysearchtype=”active” searchtype=”city” state=”TN” single_family=”y” min_price=”0″ max_price=”1000000000″ listing_status=”Active” has_basement=”Y” city=”Knoxville” /]